I titled this blog "The End" meaning the end of May, and the end of the worst month in my entire life. This month will go down in history as nothing short of complete turmoil. Ironically, deployment has been the least of my problems.
Saying goodbye to Mike was hard- I didn't realize how many little things I take for granted every day, such as calling him on my way home from work, sharing a quick meal before work (him) and school (me), etc. I miss him the most at night time- we've had some of our best conversations just moments before falling asleep.
Fortunately, we have been able to talk every day since he left. He is doing well in Germany, and each morning I wake up is another day closer to him coming home. I can feel our relationship growing stronger every day, and just thinking about him makes me feel good. I see a bright future ahead!
I felt more emotional saying goodbye to my sister the night before she left for Texas (her husband is now stationed at Fort Hood). She's been through so much, and although I miss seeing her, I honestly feel that this change is what she needs right now. We've been texting often since she left, and I am planning on visiting in the first week of August.
Besides the sudden death of my sister's unborn baby, the woman who sits next to me at work lost her husband suddenly, right before the long holiday weekend. He was ill, and had suffered multiple strokes over the years, but to hear that he had passed was shocking. Even though he was in tough shape, he was still hanging in there.
The wake for him is today. After an unexpected and dramatic fight with family members (I won't go into detail), I'm too drained to deal with more death. May has pushed me to my emotional limit, and I couldn't be happier that tomorrow marks the beginning of a new month.
I'm a tough cookie . . . but right now, I've just plain had enough. I'm looking forward to a clean slate next month, and I will continue to hold my head up. "That which does not kill you, makes you stronger."
No comments:
Post a Comment